“After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before.” Job 42:10
The book of Job can be a hard one to read. It’s all about how Satan asked God if he could test Job, and God allowed it.
Life is hard enough without a full on assault from the enemy. Wouldn’t you agree?
I think God allowed it though, so we could learn from it.
Here is what I think we can learn from this book:
- Satan can only do what he’s allowed to do.
- God doesn’t cause bad things to happen to people.
- Keeping your faith during the worst times of your life is essential.
- Forgiving people who hurt you is a big deal. It heals you AND them!
- Believe God when He says He will restore what you lost.
I don’t know about you, but this really comforts me. I am thankful to realize these 5 things from the book of Job.
One Scripture in particular that I am claiming is this one:
“So the Lord blessed Job in the second half of his life even more than in the beginning.” Job 42:12a
I have this feeling that God is going to bless us all in the second half of our lives! He’s going to restore what we’ve lost and keep us moving forward in Him.
God heals our hearts first. So, let that be your prayer for Him to do that. Because once your heart is healed, everything else falls into place.
God bless you today and always!