Hebrews 12: 1, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders us and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
Today, I am combining two Launch Out talks. Jen Moff’s and Jeff Frable’s. They were similar, and yet different.
Jen can be found here: http://thejenmoff.com/ She’s a spunky former drama actress who really inspires me. I wish I was doing what she’s done at her age.
Jeff is an accountant in Oklahoma. An award winning one, at that. But he’s also a runner.
Jen said, “Do not label yourself. Your subconscious belief is that if you label yourself, then others will not understand and then people won’t see you.
Stay focused. Know exactly what you want. Don’t allow social media to rule your life. Checking for likes and such is a distraction. Here are her 3 things:
- Must cultivate your intitution.. heart and soul. When you get stuck in your head, you lose.
- Must develop and enforce boundaries, Yes and no. Knowing what you will and won’t do. It will help you stay focused. Yes becomes over used when said too much.
- Assertive communication.. to articulate your wants and needs without apology. It’s not passive agressive.
ME TOO! moments connect us and drive us into further relationship with others. Observe what others are talking about. If people are saying you should do something, maybe you should listen.”
When Jeff was at Launch Out in April, he was preparing for a marathon. It was going to be his ticket to the Boston Marathon. He had to run under 3:20. We all encouraged and prayed for him and he made it!
His three points were:
- Know your distractions..the things that keep you from obtaining your goals.
- Have a right mindset: A. Focus, B. Know the screaming things in your mind that keep us from goals.
- Who are you surrounding yourself with? People have influence in your life.
Enjoy the journey!
What goals have you set? What things are distracting you?
I had goals set several times for my book and I allowed fear to stop me. I blew past my goals because I was too afraid to follow through and do what I’d been called to do. I regret that now.
Sure, I published, but it’s so slow because I didn’t obey and do it when I was supposed to. I got distracted. I would get on Facebook instead of pulling off blog posts.
Whatever your goals are, don’t get distracted.
This happens in our spiritual life as well. We need to stay focused on God and what He’s doing in our lives. Watch for distractions that keep you from praying, or try to pull you away from Him. Don’t allow anything to take you away from your Heavenly Father.
Let me know if I can pray for you!
God bless you today and always.