“8 Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. 9 Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and He will grant you his blessing.” 1 Peter 3: 8-9 NLT
Once again on social media, we have folks being mean to each other. Politics are still the number one thing, but Christians are now fighting about the new movie coming out called The Shack.
We ALL want God to bless us, don’t we?
Have you seen any of these Scriptures where we are told to do something and receive God’s blessing?
I REALLY like this one because God is teaching us how to treat other people.
All we have to do is:
- Be tenderhearted. You never know what someone is going through. That rude cashier might have a rough life outside of work and had a hard time getting to work.
- Stay humble. Don’t get puffed up with pride. You are awesome, but don’t act like all the time. Let God lead you.
- Don’t repay evil for evil. Two wrongs STILL don’t make a right. Even after all these years.
- Don’t retaliate with insults when you are insulted. Notice Peter said WHEN, not IF. People, especially people who aren’t living for God, enjoy insulting people who are. LET IT GO! Your returned insult could be what keeps them from becoming Christians.
- Pay people back with a blessing. I realize that sounds non-human, and that’s because it is. When we live by the Holy Spirit’s leading, He will help us do things like this. Bless people even when they insult you. It’s how God wants us to live.
God’s ways are better than our’s. Since we live for Him, we should treat people in a way that will bring them to God. Not push them further away from God.
Since we know that God isn’t seen, people look at us. And sometimes, you are the only “Bible” or “God like” thing they see. People judge God on what WE do! (I know, that’s scary, isn’t it?)
Are you living like God wants you to? Are you telling others about Him and following this way of living? I hope so. If not, let this sink in. Pray and ask God for help. He will help you.
If you need prayer… I’m always here. Contact me.
God bless you today and always!